We are experts in digital authentication and encryption technologies.
Pagemark Technology, Inc. is a Redmond Washington based supplier of software technologies. With a patented authentication technology called Pelta™, Pagemark Technology is providing governments and companies internationally with secure printing solutions, product and document authentication, serialization solutions, and track and trace software.
Many of our recent innovations are based on the core technology Pelta™ which is a software authentication product based on 2D bar codes. Pelta™ provides government and brand owners a covert layer of data to utilize as required to support their authentication or serialization requirements. Pagemark works with many governments and companies across the globe and guides them toward a common goal: secure document authentication
The North American Security Products Organization, NASPO, is a non-profit member-supported organization. NASPO is an ANSI and ISO accredited security standards developer that certifies that providers of security documents, labels, cards, packaging, materials and technology, operate under an agreed-upon set of operational standards and security protocols.
The Document Security Alliance (DSA) was created by government agencies, private industry and academia. DSA's goal is to identify methods of improving security documents and related procedures to help combat the growing acts of fraud, terrorism, illegal immigration, identity theft, and other criminal acts.
1. How is a Pelta™ code different from a regular QR code?
Pelta™ codes extend the capability of Data Matrix or QR codes with the addition of a second hidden layer, invisible to a standard barcode reader. The information stored in the 2nd layer is used to guarantee the authenticity of the Pelta™ code.
2. How secure is a Pelta™ code?
The algorithms used to generate and read the hidden or covert layer of Pelta™ codes are protected by a 128-bit encryption key unique to each customer.
3. Do Pelta™ Data Matrix or QR codes provide anti-copy protection?
Anti-copy techniques can be achieved via measures such as holograms, protective inks, UV inks, etc. However, Pelta™ codes can be proven as authentic unlike standard 2D codes which are easily counterfeited. Furthermore, variable information hidden in the 2nd layer of the Pelta™ code can be linked to printed information on a document or product which can ensure authenticity.
4. Can Pelta™ support 2D Data Matrix barcodes in the same manner as with QR codes?
Yes, the 2nd layer encryption used for QR codes can be utilized with Data Matrix ECC 200 codes in the same manner.
5. How can Pelta™ 2D barcodes help my business?
If you are a Brand Owner concerned about product diversion, counterfeit documents, or need an effective tool to determine authenticity, Pelta™ codes will meet these needs.
6. What are the pricing models for Pelta™ 2D barcodes?
We have several pricing models dependent on the nature of your business and the number of codes you plan to use annually. Contact us for details.
7. Can the Pelta™ code be read by any reader?
Pelta™ codes provide two layers of readable information. The first layer is the overt information. This information may be read by any standard 2D barcode reader. The second layer is the covert information. This covert or secondary hidden layer can only be read by Pagemark applications developed specifically for smart phones, PC’s, or cameras.
8. Will I have to purchase special printers/printing devices?
No. The printing of our codes easily assimilates within existing workflows.
9. Can I store a picture in the Pelta™ code?
No. However, we can provide you with options that may satisfy this desire in an indirect way.
10. How much information can be stored in the Pelta™ code?
Pelta™ codes are capable of storing large amount of information. The storage capacity of the Pelta™ code correlates directly to its size.
11. Can the Pelta™ code be copied?
Yes, they can be copied, but the covert level information cannot be read without a custom application run on a mobile or PC device. Typically, the Pelta™ codes are combined with an anti-copy solution like a hologram or demetallized hologram. Together it forms an anti-copy, anti-counterfeit solution.
12. Who is responsible for inputting the information into the Pelta™ code?
Typically the same person in the workflow that is responsible for printing the original document, certificate, ID, or label creates the overt and covert information.
13. Who is responsible for inputting the information into the Pelta™ code?
Typically the same person in the workflow that is responsible for printing the original document, certificate, ID, or label creates the overt and covert information.
14.What type of dpi is best suited for printing a Pelta™ code?
300 dpi and higher. The higher the dpi the crisper the print.
15. Are there any restrictions on coders or printer for Pelta™?
No, any method of printing currently used 2D codes Data Matrix ECC 200 or QR barcodes will work with Pelta™.
Pelta™Digital Authentication Technology based on industry standard 2D Quick Response codes (QR Codes) and Data Matrix ECC 200 barcodes.
Data Matrix ECC 200 is the 2D barcoding standard used by many pharmaceutical companies to comply with pedigree regulatory requirements.
QR codes are machine readable symbols which encode information that can be read by barcode scanning applications running on most smart phones.
The information in the 2nd layer (covert) of a Pelta™ code is used to authenticate. The covert information is encrypted and impossible for counterfeiters to create.
This covert information is variable for each code.
The covert information in a Pelta™ code can include secret or serialized data only known to the creator or authorized user of the card or document.
Another common name for serialization where a unique ID or serial number is assigned to each individual package and usually tracked via a 2D barcode or using RFID technology. Variances of this process is dependent upon government regulations and Brand Owner specifications.
The ability for consumers to authenticate a product or document is genuine using a smart phone or other accessible scanner for PC's.
Regulatory requirements for pharmacy products initiated in CA which become active in Jan. 2015. The requirements are to provide the ability to track any pharmaceutical products at the unit level throughout the supply chain.
No upcoming events at this time.
Pagemark Technology, Inc. uses (and, where specified, shares) your personal information for the following purposes:
1. To engage in transactions. Pagemark Technology, Inc. may use personal information such as name, physical address, telephone number, email address, and company to engage in transactions with you, including contacting you about your order.
2. To process transactions. Pagemark Technology, Inc. may use financial/credit card and payment information to process your order. Pagemark Technology, Inc. may need to share some of this information with delivery services, credit card clearing houses and other third parties to complete the transaction.
3. To provide support or other services. Pagemark Technology, Inc. may use your personal information to provide you support or other services you have ordered, as well as product updates, product patches and fixes and other similar communications.
6. To post Testimonials. We post testimonials on our web site which may contain personal information. Prior to posting the testimonial, we obtain the customer's consent to post their name along with their testimonial.
7. To power joint sales or product promotions. Pagemark Technology, Inc. and its partners may engage in joint sales or product promotions. Such promotions will always reference the partners involved. Both Pagemark Technology, Inc. and the partner(s) will have access to that information, and either Pagemark Technology, Inc. or our partners may provide you the sales or product promotion information. We recommend you review the privacy policies of these partners to address your particular needs and concerns.
8. To communicate with you about a conference or event. We or our partners may communicate with you about a conference or event hosted or co-sponsored by Pagemark Technology, Inc. or one of our partners. This may include information about the event's content, event logistics, payment, updates, and any additional meetings, special demonstrations or other customer facilitation that we may provide related to an event for which you have registered. Pagemark Technology, Inc. may contact you after the event about the event and related products and services and may share information about your attendance with your company.
9. To comply with legal requirements. Pagemark Technology, Inc. may be required to disclose your personal information in order to comply with legally mandated reporting, disclosure or other legal process requirements. Pagemark Technology, Inc. will use reasonable efforts to limit the personal information it provides for these purposes.
10. Please note that your personal information may be transferred, accessed and stored globally as necessary for the uses stated above in accordance with this policy. While Pagemark Technology, Inc. may share your personal information with agents and contractors in order to perform the functions listed above, including credit card clearing services, order fulfillment, and event, campaign and web site management, we require that they treat your personal information, and limit its use, in accordance with the standards specified in this policy.
Welcome to the Pagemark Technology Web sites (the "Site"). Through the Site, you have access to a variety of resources and content. These include: Web pages, data, messages, text, images, photographs, graphics, audio and video content, and documents such as press releases, white papers and product data sheets.
Your use of Software is subject to all agreements such as a license agreement or user agreement that accompanies or is included with the Software, ordering documents, exhibits, and other terms and conditions that apply ("License Terms"). In the event that Software is provided on or through the Site and is not licensed for your use through License Terms specific to the Software, you may use the Software subject to the following: (a) the Software may be used solely for your personal, informational, noncommercial purposes; (b) the Software may not be modified or altered in any way; and (c) the Software may not be redistributed.
The Site and Content provided on or through the Site are the intellectual property and copyrighted works of Pagemark Technology or a third party provider. All rights, title and interest not expressly granted with respect to the Site and Content provided on or through the Site are reserved. All Content is provided on an "As Is" and "As Available" basis, and Pagemark Technology reserves the right to terminate the permissions at any time.
You agree that you will only upload, share, post, publish, transmit, or otherwise make available ("Share") on or through the Site Content that you have the right and authority to Share and for which you have the right and authority to grant to Pagemark Technology all of the licenses and rights set forth herein.
Pagemark Technology does not want to receive confidential information from you through or in connection with the Site. Notwithstanding anything that you may note or state in connection with Sharing Content, it shall not be considered confidential information and shall be received and treated by Pagemark Technology on a non-confidential and unrestricted basis.
You agree not to access or use the Site in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any Pagemark Technology accounts, computer systems or networks. You agree not to attempt to gain unauthorized access to any parts of the Site or any Pagemark Technology accounts, computer systems or networks. You agree not to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site or any Pagemark Technology accounts, computer systems or networks. You agree not to use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access the Site or any Pagemark Technology accounts, computer systems or networks.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of password(s) and account information, and you are responsible for all activities that occur under your password(s) or account(s) or as a result of your access to the Site. You agree to notify Pagemark Technology immediately of any unauthorized use of your password(s) or account(s).
Pagemark Technology has no obligation to monitor the Site or screen Content that is on the Site. However, Pagemark Technology reserves the right to review the Site and Content and to monitor all use of and activity on the Site, and to remove or choose not to make available on or through the Site any Content at its sole discretion.
Pagemark Technology may, in its sole discretion, at any time discontinue providing or limit access to the Site, any areas of the Site or Content provided on or through the Site. You agree that Pagemark Technology may, in its sole discretion, at any time, terminate or limit your access to or use of the Site or any Content. Pagemark Technology will terminate or limit your access to or use of the Site if, under appropriate circumstances, you are determined to be a repeat infringer of third party copyright rights. You agree that Pagemark Technology shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination or limitation of your access to or use of the Site or any Content.
The Site provides links to Web sites and access to Content, products and services of third parties, including users, advertisers, affiliates and sponsors of the Site. Pagemark Technology is not responsible for third party Content provided on or through the Site and you bear all risks associated with the access and use of such Web sites and third party Content, products and services.
EXCEPT WHERE EXPRESSLY PROVIDED OTHERWISE, THE SITE, AND ALL CONTENT PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE SITE, ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. PAGEMARK TECHNOLOGY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE AND ALL CONTENT PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE SITE. PAGEMARK TECHNOLOGY MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT: (A) THE SITE OR CONTENT WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (B) THE SITE WILL BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE BASIS; (C) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SITE OR ANY CONTENT PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE SITE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE.
PAGEMARK TECHNOLOGY SHALL HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OR USE OF CONTENT.
PAGEMARK TECHNOLOGY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MAKE CHANGES OR UPDATES TO, AND MONITOR THE USE OF, THE SITE AND CONTENT PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE SITE AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE.
IN NO EVENT SHALL PAGEMARK TECHNOLOGY BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUE, DATA OR USE, INCURRED BY YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT OR TORT, ARISING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO, OR USE OF, THE SITE OR ANY CONTENT PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE SITE.
Minors are not eligible to use the Site, and we ask that they do not submit any information to us.
You may not access, download, use or export the Site, or the Content provided on or through the Site, in violation of U.S. export laws or regulations, or in violation of any other applicable laws or regulations. You agree to comply with all export laws and restrictions and regulations of any United States or foreign agency or authority, and not to directly or indirectly provide or otherwise make available the services and products of Pagemark Technology in violation of any such restrictions, laws or regulations, or without all necessary approvals.
All matters relating to your access to, and use of, the Site and Content provided on or through or uploaded to the Site shall be governed by U.S. federal law or the laws of the State of Washington. Any legal action or proceeding relating to your access to, or use of, the Site or Content shall be instituted in a state or federal court in Seattle, Washington. You and Pagemark Technology agree to submit to the jurisdiction of, and agree that venue is proper in, these courts in any such legal action or proceeding.
Pagemark Technology and Pelta are registered trademarks of Pagemark Technology. Other names appearing on the Site may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Pagemark Technology, Inc. was founded by Mr. RanDair Porter. Mr. Porter has established several companies related to developing secure printing solutions, embedded printing systems, print subsystems or drivers.